Early learning is at the heart of what we do
Explore, learn and discover through a play-based approach.
Our Best Offer for Your Kids Learning
At Little Assets Childcare Centre, we are dedicated in providing a richly stimulating, innovative and caring environment which fosters a child’s natural curiosity and thirst for knowledge.
We believe environment is everything when it comes to your child’s learning, development and of course, FUN. That’s why we’re proud to offer beautiful, safe and engaging play spaces, designed with natural elements that allow your little one to roam freely from our indoor to outdoor learning environments.
Being a toddler is an exciting time of development: Learning new words. Taking off on two feet. Exploring self-expression through tantrums – we embrace it all, in our Blue Room. Providing a foundation of nurturing care and the Australian Early Years Learning Framework curriculum, we’ll help your child develop fundamental physical, social, intellectual and emotional skills through enjoyable, play-based activities. These will include games, songs, arts and crafts, and more. We’ll also encourage independent exploration of our safe, vibrant indoor/outdoor play areas – while providing constant supervision, for your peace of mind.
It’s official – your child is moving out of babyhood and into childhood. And with kindergarten just around the corner, our Purple Room (or Pre-kindergarten Room) is the perfect fit for this stage of development. In keeping with the Australian Early Years Learning Framework, we’ll continue to develop your child’s independence, self-esteem and co-operation skills, while helping them to socialise and play with others. Enjoyable activities like arts and crafts, pre-reading and imaginative play will also take centre stage to help boost language, motor, creative and cognitive skills. Your child will also gain an appreciation for numeracy, literacy and problem-solving to further prepare them for the next big step – kindergarten.
We believe the best-quality care and learning comes from working together with everyone involved in your child’s growth and development. For this reason, we are committed to cultivating genuine, collaborative partnerships with you, your child – and ultimately, the wider community.
As your curious and eager toddler continues to become more independent, our Red Room team will be with them every ‘littlie’ step of the way. Using the Australian Early Years Learning Framework, we’ll encourage your child to explore various types of physical play to help them develop their fundamental skills. Such activities will include dancing, riding bikes, sliding, balancing, see-saws and climbing – to strengthen fine and gross motor skills and promote sensory exploration. We’ll also provide group games to help expand your child’s social and communication skills. All of this, in our safe, vibrant indoor/outdoor play areas.
Congratulations – your little one is taking that big step into Kindergarten. And if they’ve already been through our earlier rooms, this transition should be a breeze. Using the Australian Early Years Learning Framework, we prepare your child for primary school in a stimulating environment designed to help them grow both socially and emotionally. Your child’s ability to think, use and recognise language will be developed through guided creativity (art), group activities (play, dance, music and movement), and school concepts (mathematics, reading and writing). All learning is based on subjects of interest, and lovingly guided to help your child accomplish tasks independently, make discoveries about themselves and name their feelings.
When it comes to infants and toddlers, we understand the importance of TLC and F-U-N through learning, during this precious time of development. That’s why our Orange Room follows the Australian Early Years Learning Framework, meaning we’ll help your little one develop fundamental physical, social, intellectual and emotional skills through enjoyable, play-based activities. These will include games, songs, arts and crafts, and more – lovingly guided in our beautiful indoor/outdoor space.
From discovering likes and dislikes to understanding the ‘rules’ of the big world, your toddler is yearning to learn more about themselves – and they’ll have lots of fun doing it, in our Green Room. Embracing the Australian Early Years Learning Framework, we’ll help your child develop their fundamental social, fine motor and language skills. While encouraging their participation in a variety of fine motor activities spanning art, reading, basic mathematics and play, we’ll facilitate interactions with other children to boost their social and communication capabilities. And with opportunities for group, guided and individual play, your child will also learn how to follow instructions and be courteous to others.
Frequently asked questions
What are the staff to child ratios?
0-2 years 1:4
2-3 years 1:4
3-5 years 1:11
How do I join the wailist?
You can join our waitlist by simply completing the waitlist registration form available on our website. It is available under the “CONTACT” tab. Please be specific as to which centre you are wanting to put the waitlist with.
Is there a fee to join the waitlist?
No, it is absolutely free and only takes a couple of minutes to complete it. You can complete it on your desktop, tablet or any mobile device
How do I request to visit the centre?
You can do so by completing a “Request a Tour” form on the website under “CONTACT” tab. Please ensure you add your preferred centre for the tour.
Is there any initial payment requirement to confirm the spot?
For all enrolments to be confirmed, we ask for an initial payment of 1 weeks gross fees depending on the number of days you want the child enrolled in care for. The bond or security deposit is fully refunded after the child ceases care having provided 4 weeks written notice for the same. If the enrolment is cancelled before the commencement date, the full initial payment will be forfeited.
Is there a minimum number of days required for enrolment?
The minimum enrolment is 2 days. We feel any less than this can be too upsetting for children as they cannot settle and form attachment with other children or teachers. It can also be difficult for teachers to plan a suitable program if a child is only attending 1 day per week.
Am I able to claim government subsidies if I enrol at Little Assets?
Yes, we are a registered childcare provider which means that you are able to claim the Government subsidies relating to your childcare based on your eligibility.
What is the New Child Care Package/Child Care Subsidy?
From 2 July 2018, the Government launched its new Child Care Package. The Package intends to helpparents with children aged 0 – 13 work, train, study and volunteer. The Package includes a new Child Care Subsidy, which replaces the old Child Care Benefit and Child Care Rebate system. It will be paid directly to services
Three things will determine your level of subsidy:
- Combined family income
- Activity level of families – activity level is the ‘recognised activities’ that enables a family to claim a subsidy (eg: work, study or training) up to a maximum of 100 hours per fortnight based on the parent with the least number of hours.
- Type of childcare – for Little Assets this is Long Day Care services and the hourly rate is capped at $11.77
How do I check my eligibility?
Some basic requirements must be satisfied for an individual to be eligible to receive Child Care Subsidy (CCS)for their child. These include:
- the age of the child (must be 13 or under and not attending secondary school
- the individual, or their partner, meeting the residency requirements.
- the child meeting immunisation requirements
(All children must have an up-to-date copy of the following documents to be able to commence at Little Assets)
AIR Immunisation History Statement – for children fully immunised for their age, or AIR Immunisation History Form – if the child is on a recognised catch-up schedule)
How do I apply for Child Care Subsidy?
- Firstly contact Centrelink to register for a Customer Reference Number (CRN) for both the individual and their child – (visit them or contact them by phone – 136 150)
- Inform them that you wish to claim CCS for your child
- Register for a myGov account online and link it to Centrelink
- Input your Activity Levels and your combined family Income for the financial year
- Provide both the individual and their child’s CRN to Little Assets so we can make a connection to Centrelink to ensure you can receive CCS payments
- Once a connection to Centrelink is made, you will receive notification to approve the enrolment notice. Instructions can be found here: Visit the enrolments tab in your myGov account to approve your child’s child care details i.e the centre they are enrolled at, days they are enrolled and the daily rate
- Authorise your Complying Written Agreement when you enrol your child with Little Assets (This will be part of your enrolment form)
What are some of the most common issues relating to receiving Child Care Subsidy?
- The details of my child’s enrolment are incorrect e.g. the days enrolled for do not match/there is an extra casual day recorded or not recorded / the day rate is incorrect.
- Prior to disputing the details in myGov, please contact us on (03) 99990240 so we can discuss any issues with your child’s enrolment and discuss what steps need to be taken to correct them
- There are no enrolment details in myGov
- Please check that you have given us the correct CRN numbers for both yourself and your child
- That you have completed your myGov assessment so you are registered to receive the CCS
- My CCS connection has been ended. This may be due to taking extended leave (more than 8 weeks). All children’s CCS payments will be automatically ceased by Centrelink if they have not attended care for more than 8 weeks. A new connection will need to be made upon return to the centre.
The daily fee depends on the centre they are enrolled at.
What does the fee include?
- Music and foreign language programs
- Sports program based on age groups
- Nutritionally sound meals and snacks
- Cow and soy milk
Do I pay fees during public holidays and if so "why"?
All accounts are charged on public holidays in line with the centre’s fee policy. The reason we need to charge on public holidays is because we have every day costs that take place, regardless of whether children are at the centre or not.
Little Assets COVID-19 Response
At Little Assets we have a Covid Safe plan in place, so that we can act immediately, appropriately and efficiently when advised by health authorities. Our Covid Safe plan has been developed in conjunction with the current health advice and announcements made from Public Health Victoria and Department of Early childhood education alongside the COVID-19 updates.
Download our COVID-19 safe plan for more information on our protocols.